Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young. Set an example for the believers in what you say and in how you live. Also set an example in how you love and in what you believe. Show the believers how to be pure. 1 timothy 4:12
The primary focus of Youth Ministry is the salvation of youth through Jesus Christ. We understand youth ministry to be that work of the church that is conducted for, with, and by young people. Our task is to:
- Lead youth to understand their individual worth and to discover and develop their spiritual gifts and abilities.
- Equip and empower youth for a life of service within God’s church and the community.
- Ensure the integration of youth into all aspects of church life and leadership in order that they might be full participants in the mission of the church. To accomplish our task:
- We will achieve a balanced ministry by incorporating the biblical dynamics of fellowship, nurture, worship, and mission.
- We will be committed to keeping relevant and effective in ministry by relating all ministries to the needs of the youth. It is imperative that we listen to and are informed by their perceptions, concerns, and suggestions. Effective ministry becomes possible in an atmosphere of love, acceptance, and forgiveness.
- We will conduct on going research to discover areas that need attention.We are committed to experimentation and innovation in our programs because we recognize the ever-changing nature of today’s youth.
- We will find inspiration in God’s word and our history,and have faith in God for the future. Our philosophy will find expression in a wide variety of God-ordained ministry styles and programs.